love animals, but aren’t READY to adopt right now?
We are looking for dedicated animal lovers to join our foster team and provide temporary care for our animals. Fostering with PARL can be a short commitment (a few days to 3 weeks) or a long commitment (3 weeks to a few months) depending on what you are interested in. You can choose to foster just one time or many, many times! Either way, you are making a difference. With your help, we will be able to intake and place more animals!
There are a number of reasons why an animal would need a foster home. Here are our most common reasons:
- Kittens under 8 weeks of age
- Pregnant or nursing mom
- Waiting for/recovering from medical treatment
- Fearful and/or stressed in shelter
- Needs socialization and confidence-building
- Would benefit from time outside of the shelter
Anyone can be a great foster, but we do have some requirements:
- Fosters must be at least 18 years of age
- Due to Massachusetts State Regulations, we are not allowed to place foster animals into Massachusetts homes
- If they live in an apartment or rent, they must have landlord approval
- Must be able to bring the animal to all appointments
- Most importantly, they must love animals and be willing to spend time with their foster animal
Fostering can be a rewarding and enriching experience for all!
Our foster program includes an orientation, training, and access to our exclusive PARL Foster Facebook Group where you can share foster pictures, stories, and connect with other foster volunteers. Our community of fosters is vital to the success of our mission. Join us today!
Ready to get started? Complete an application for each animal type that you are interested in fostering.
After your application is received, you will be contacted (usually within one week) to begin the orientation and training process. If you have any questions about fostering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.